Sunday, December 22, 2013

Tagged for a Blog Hop by Tianna Holley!


I am thrilled to be on a very short sabbatical from work, known to teachers around the world as WINTER BREAK! It is so nice having some down time even amidst a wicked winter cold and a hectic holiday season! But thankfully, I found a bit of time to participate in a Blog Hop (my first by the way). I was very happy to be tagged by the talented Tainna Holley!

Here’s how a blog hop works. She tagged me, so I answer the four blog hop questions in my blog, which I will link to Tianna’s answers to the same questions on her blog. Then I will reach out to five random authors to continue the hop! (Be sure to check out Tianna on Twitter as @holley_tianna  or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/authortiannaholley.)  

Read on to find my answers to the blog hop questions.

What are You Writing?

I am trying to finish up my first self publishing venture, “If the Silver Slippers Fit…” co-authored with the talented Jennifer Paquette. This is a novella in the form of two short stories that intertwine. In the first story, Glinda, we follow a young Good Witch of the North after she stumbles through a portal and lands in NYC in the middle of fashion week. She has lost her sister’s ‘Silver Slippers’ and must navigate her way through the city to retrieve the shoes AND get back home. In the second story, Giselle, we follow Glinda’s youngest daughter and the ‘Silver Slippers’ into exile in Las Vegas. As her exile draws to a close, Giselle is tested with a Blood Moon, a Goblin Curse and the infamous Lightning Power. It has been a fun little project and I am excited to see how it all turns out!

 How Does This Differ From Your Last Work?

This is VERY different from my last piece, The Twistedly True Tale of Ruby Hood! Ruby Hood is my debut novel, which was released in October 2013. Ruby Hood is young high school senior living in Woodsville. After suffering extreme loss, Ruby learns her true calling and must find the strength to prevail and embrace her new role. This is very loosely based on the fairy tale “Little Red Riding Hood”. Yes, it has certain parallels: a grandmother, a red cloak, wolves, and huntsmen, but I like to think I’ve put my own original twist on it.

Why Do You Write?

Honestly, it’s my zen, my outlet, my release, my hobby. It keeps me sane. One day, I would love to make it a career, but until then, I will write because I love it. I write for the same reason I run, read and hang out with my pups…it makes me happy and brings me peace.

What is Your Process?

I have to develop my character first. They HAVE TO have names, faces, and personalities. After that, it’s sort of a free for all and I really don’t have a specific process as each story follows a different path. But in general, the characters play out their story and I write. Once a story is written I revise, edit and rewrite until it is the way I want it!

This all usually takes place in my writing room. It is the perfect little rabbit hole, complete with good lighting, a sound bar connected to Pandora, a scentsy wafting my favorite smells, and usually a cup of coffee or tea…sometimes wine (only when I’m writing, though). I ALWAYS edit sober! J

Thank you so much for being a part of my first Blog Hop! I intend (I hope) to have the December edition of ‘Latest Reads’ out on time this month!

It will feature:

Solstice by Damian Stevenson,

The Magicians’ Assistant by Ann Patchett (yes, finally finished this one!)

The Wishing Spell  by Chris Colfer

And maybe a few others, depending on whether or not I can get them finished!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment